Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Favourite Film and TV Day 2: Alice In Wonderland

I LOVE Hallmark's Alice in Wonderland film from 1999. It completely captured my imagination the first time I watched it, and has every time since.

I am a big fan of using puppetry and prosthetics wherever possible because I think it gives a film a much more 'real' feeling than CGI. This film is a mixture of live action and puppetry by Jim Henson's Creature Workshop.

As I'm sure you have realised by now, I am a big fan of hares, so it'd only be fitting to include a clip from the Mad Tea Party! Martin Short completely steals the show as the Mad Hatter.


A few years ago, I made my own drawing from the film:



If you haven't seen it, I'd definitely give it a go. It stays much closer to the book than the recent Tim Burton film, and I think it's much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment